Friday, March 25, 2016

Footrest

Our old armchair is getting worn, so I went online and bought some fabric from Jo-Ann.com. It was a little bit of a gamble, because I didn't bother to get a swatch first, but I like the new fabric well enough.


I started by removing the footrest. It was attached on the underside with screws. The fabric was attached with staples, which made removing the old fabric fairly easy also. The old fabric was really dirty, as well as being worn. I had not thought about how much dirt can accumulate over the course of 25 years!

I used the old fabric to measure the new piece and stapled it on. For the back, I used a piece of cheap quilting cotton that I had lying around. No one will see the back, and this fabric is better quality than the cambric that was there before.



You can really see the contrast between old and new when you look at the footrest from a sitter's position.


Done for now! I'll tackle the little board between the seat and the footrest next.


No comments:

Post a Comment